Mesothelioma Patient Resources
Cancer is a very hard disease to deal with and general but when dealing with mesothelioma, options and resources are limited because of its rarity. We have searched the web and have compiled a bunch of information and resources that we believe could be very helpful during these tough times.
The purpose of this page is to give you everything you might need; information, product suggestions, services but also guidance and resources for guidance and direction before you make important decisions. These may include:
- MesoBook: a free meso book for patients, providing comprehensive mesothelioma information for those who are diagnosed including support information for loved ones and family members
- To find a mesothelioma specialist
- To find a mesothelioma specialist
- Know your treatment options
- Having trouble paying for treatment? Find out what you need to know before you hire a mesothelioma law firm
- Medical Insurance compensation may be available through Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security.
- Organizations who provide emotional and financial support. These organizations have access to resources that range from support groups to travel assistance.
Below are the resources we have put together for you. Please don’t be afraid to contact us or ask a question, we are here for you.
Free Flights For Mesothelioma Cancer Patients
Corporate Angel Network
- Website: http://www.corpangelnetwork.org
- Phone 914-328-1313
- Email: email@example.com
- REQUIREMENTS: You must call them at the number above to register at least three weeks of a specific appointment at a recognized cancer treatment center. You can also email them by using this form: http://www.corpangelnetwork.org/contact/index.html
National Patient Travel Center
- Website: http://www.patienttravel.org/
- Phone: 1-800-296-1217
Air Care Alliance
Products & Services A Mesothelioma Patient Might Need
Vellux Plush Blanket
JCPenney Ultra Soft Micro Fleece Blanket
Pill MEDICATION ORGANIZER
Biotene Dry Mouth Mouthwash – Helps Cure Mouth Sores
Prevention Oncology Mouth Rinse – Helps Prevent Mouth Sores
The BRAT Diet:
A bland-food diet that is often recommended for adults and children. BRAT stands for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. The BRAT diet can help you recover from an upset stomach, diarrhea, and constipation.
ORGANIC CHAMOMILE SMOOTH MOVE
Helps with constipation.
Nutrition Services (complete diet plans)
This organization works with mesothelioma and cancer patients going under Chemotherapy treatment.
– Call them for questions: 617-632-3006.
Wig Donation Resources
WIGS FOR CANCER PATIENTS
“Wigs for wishes” Process: Find a salon in your area, set up a FREE appointment/consultation. Takes about 15 minutes. You can choose a wig they have on hand, but if wigs fit your interest you can choose one from the catalog. It takes up to 2-3 business days to receive in the mail. Upon visit, a complimentary makeup makeover is added. (Before and after picture is required for website)
This is an option if there are no salons near them.
Mesothelioma Treatment Resources
Use this link to view all OPEN and currently recruiting mesothelioma clinical trials.
Cancer Surgery Guide
A before, during, and after guide to prep you for cancer surgery.
Learn more about all your treatment options here, Mesothelioma Treatment
Mesothelioma Caregiver Resources
My Cancer Circle.
Great tool to get friends, family, a loved ones all on the same page to help care for the patient. https://mycancercircle.lotsahelpinghands.com/create/
View demo here: http://mycancercircle.lotsahelpinghands.com/demo/
Great Source Full of Tips for Caregivers.
For more information for caregivers, visit our page Information For Mesothelioma Caregivers
There are two categories in mesothelioma law; regulatory statutes that detail what actions the industry must take in order to protect both workers and the public; and personal injury law, in which victims can take action against both those responsible for their exposure and the manufacturers of products containing asbestos.
- Statute of limitations – This is the period of time in which your claim must be filed. If the statute of limitations passes, you lose the right to bring any action against the industry or the manufacturer. It is wise to use an attorney to assist you in the process.
- Causation – Causation means that you must show that the disease is from exposure to asbestos and that the exposure was caused by the defendant’s negligence. It will be important to have thorough documentation from a doctor, and proof that the company that exposed you either knew about the asbestos or should have known and did not take action to protect you.
Asbestos exposure has claimed many victims and compensation is available to most patients for their treatment as well as for securing the future of their families. Although nothing can make up for the patients and families pain, suffering and loss, the law does provide a way to seek compensation for your financial losses and expenses.
Finding a lawyer to represent your case can be daunting, frustrating and tedious. But we have resources for you to ease this process. An attorney will take the stress of filing claims, filling out paperwork, and court attendance off your shoulders. Your lawyer will gather information to determine how, when, and where, you may have been exposed to asbestos, and will then determine if you are eligible for compensation from any of the companies responsible for the making and selling of asbestos products. Please read our guide before you decide to partner with a Mesothelioma Law Firm.